วันจันทร์ที่ 2 เมษายน พ.ศ. 2555

Totally Bamboo Butcher Block Large Couldn't be happier after owning it for 15 months


Totally Bamboo Butcher Block, Large
  • Variety of bamboo used is not food or habitat for the giant panda
  • Heavy, sturdy butcher block sits firmly on rubber-capped legs during chopping
  • Measures 19-1/2 by 11-3/4 by 2 inches; won't absorb water or crack; wash by hand
  • Made of bamboo, a renewable, resource, in exclusive parquet end-grain design
  • Only food-safe, formaldehyde-free glue used; no dyes or stains; color is natural and permanent
  • Awesome piece Received my board yesterday. Wow it's like a piece of beautiful artwork that I am very proud to display. Very well crafted finished flat very dense and level. Looks wonderful with my light hickory beaded cabinets.This does not look like a typical hardwood cutting block really at all. If typical butcher block look is what you are looking for look elsewhwere. Nor does it look like typical bamboo as in flooring that I have seen anyway. It's made up of very small planks of bamboo 4 of which are pressure glued together to form small cubes 3/4 x 3/4.
    great buy I brought this as a gift for my botherinlaw who loves to cook but is very particular about his kitchen. He wanted something nonskid made of bamboo and this fit the bill. He loves it its sturdy and is beautifully crafted and I know he'll enjoy it for many years. I would recommend this to others without hesitation.
    Ideal cutting board! I finally decided to splurge on a cutting board after years of using one with a huge crack in the middle. This cutting board is awesome! The checkered design discourages warping and it is sturdy enough to endure heaps of abuse from my knives. It makes prepping a joy rather than a chore.
    Beautiful! Bought this based on the reviews. I like a darker color but since this chopping block got so many good reviews I decided to buy it anyway. It's beautiful right of of the box. The picture on amazon doesn't do it justice. It's definitely large enough heavy enough without weighting like a ton. It's perfect for my kitchen. Now i'm buying wax/oil to condition it before using.
    Couldn't be happier after owning it for 15 months I bought this block 15 months ago. Since then it has sat on my counter and has been used frequently but not daily. I give it the occasional mineral oil treatment when it's looking dry but I haven't babied it. I am very impressed with how well it has held up. Except for a wine stain it is practically in the same condition as when I first got it. It does have a great solid feel to it when you are chopping away on it and it stays put on the counter due to its weight and the rubber pads on the feet. I really can't even come up with a minor nitpick about it.
    Glad I ordered this one! Just received this wonderful butcher block! It arrived within a few days was well packed and in perfect condition. It's just the right size for a home cutting board that is first rate! I'm in the process of seasoning it now and can't wait to start using it. I made a space for it by my sink so it is handy and it looks just beautiful. It's solid and wonderfully made. Don't hesitate to buy this one you won't be disappointed.
    A must have in any kitchen! This is the best quality chopping block for the price.
    Split after 3 months I was delighted with this board so beautiful to look at and great to work with. However the board split on me after three months. I purchased the Totally Bamboo oil from the beginning and carefully kept the board oiled as instructed. I only handwashed it immediately after using. I'm not sure I'm willing to take another chance on this product will look for a more reliable board.
    Is it possible to love a kitchen utensil? This is a great addition to any kitchen. Dinner preparation is more rewarding when you've got the right tools and this butcher block has made me realize that a nice robust solid surface adds a new element of joy to the simple act of chopping vegetables or trimming meat. This block is immovable. It rests on four meaty cushioned feet and when you chop veggies you get a satisfying kerclunk as your knife makes contact with the rich nuttybrown surface. My kitchen now sounds like a stage set from Iron Chef when I'm working with a knife. Plus the thick board raises your work surface by three inches for a more natural armangle when you're doing your food preparation.The board is beautiful. The rich bamboo pattern takes on depth and character with the application of a few drops of mineral oil and the butcher block is so charming that you don't want to hide it away in a cupboard. It's also so heavy that you really don't want to wrestle it off of a high shelf. All credit to the designers at Totally Bamboo who took the care to balance the board so well that you can prop it on its side when not in use and it balances perfectly not a hint of wobble or wiggle. Tucked off to the side or up against the backsplash it takes up no counter space and it brings color and beauty into my kitchen.I added a couple of photos to the product page. You can see how the board dwarfs a chef's knife and stands on its own. I recommend this butcher block to anyone who appreciates a solid work surface and good craftsmanship. This is a hygienic instrument for food preparations and it's gentle on your knives. It's everything that I wanted.
    beautiful surface nice to leave on counter and very userfriendly Gave this as a gift from one foodie to another. We were both very pleased with the weight of the board and the beautiful surface. It's a nice size slightly wider than deeper and it fits on the counter better than our larger one. The surface is smooth and clean and not slippery when used. It is a busy pattern but in a simple kitchen it makes a nice statement that you take pride in your culinary equipment.


    Variety of bamboo used is not food or habitat for the giant panda.Heavy, sturdy butcher block sits firmly on rubber-capped legs during chopping.Measures 19-1/2 by 11-3/4 by 2 inches; won't absorb water or crack; wash by hand.Made of bamboo, a renewable, resource, in exclusive parquet end-grain design.Only food-safe, formaldehyde-free glue used; no dyes or stains; color is natural and permanent. This professional-weight cutting board comes from Totally Bamboo's aptly named Chop collection. The beefy board is composed of end-grain chunks of bamboo for the strongest construction, which are arranged in an exclusive and elegant parquet design. Measuring 19-1/2 by 11-3/4 by 2 inches, the large board tackles all chopping and slicing requirements without slipping, thanks to its rubber-capped legs. Harder than maple, bamboo won't absorb water, crack, or peel, yet won't dull your good knives. The warm honey color, which comes from an oven-heating process that caramelizes the bamboo's natural sugars, goes all the way through, won't fade, and can even be sanded. After use, simply wash the board lightly with warm, soapy water, and wipe now and then with mineral oil. --Ann Bieri Fast-growing in nature, bamboo is also fast-growing in popularity as one of the most renewable resources available. Totally Bamboo prides itself on using only hand-selected, China-grown "moso" bamboo, which is not a food source or habitat for the giant panda, and which grows to harvestable size in just 3 to 5 years. Totally Bamboo follows strict environmental guidelines for processing and fair labor policies for its workers. And, the toxin-free products contain no dyes, stains, or glues containing formaldehyde.


    Related Products
    • John Boos Mystery Oil Butcher Block Oil Awesome! First let me say that this product arrived to my home faster then I expected especially since it was right before Christmas. The product itself is great. I had just purchased a new very expensive wooden cutting board and I wanted ...Read the full

    • Howard BBC012 Butcher Block Conditioner Food Grade Mineral Oil and Natural Waxes, 12-Ounces I Love This Stuff!! This is great for your cutting boards!! I use this interchanged with a more solid form of butcher block conditioner that I get at Williams Sonoma. This one is more liquidy and I use it to deep condition my boards. If you are a serious cook you ...Read the full

    • Joyce Chen Bamboo Wood Oil, 8 Ounces The Whats and Whys of Wood and Bamboo Oils So called wood and bamboo oils are simply food grade mineral oils. You should use a wood oil in your kitchen instead of vegetable oil because mineral oil does not break down or become rancid. Wood oil gives sheen and water ...Read the full

    • Totally Bamboo 8-Ounce Revitalizing Bamboo Oil, Set of 2 Good value and GREAT PRICE on 2 bottles This is a good value on two bottles of a useful product. I just got a new built in cutting board in my apartment and I also bought a set of wooden spoons here on Amazon so I had need of mineral oil. The ...Read the full

    • John Taylor Butcher Block Conditioner Food Grade Mineral Oil and Natural Waxes, 12 fl.oz(355ml) Fabulous Product !!! This product is safe easy to apply and and an all around high quality item.My butcher block and butcher block island were beginning to look pretty bad. A friend recommended I try the John Taylor conditioner. It really ...Read the full

    ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

    แสดงความคิดเห็น