วันจันทร์ที่ 16 เมษายน พ.ศ. 2555

OXO Good Grips Lemon Zester Works with a little tweaking

OXO Good Grips Lemon Zester
OXO Good Grips Lemon Zester Read more...

  • Sharp holes in the head make zesting rinds easy
  • Built-in channel knife for garnishing
  • Stainless-steel head is solid and durable
  • Comfortable, nonslip handle absorbs pressure from hands
  • Safe to use in dishwasher

  • Hard to make twists time consuming to zest I was really looking forward to putting peel twists in mixed drinks but it's incredibly hard* to make anything over 1cm long with this tool. My friends tried too and they couldn't get anything substantial either. Zesting is fine although it's much more timeconsuming to do with this than with a microblade.
    Nice Handy Tool for Lemons and Papayas The OXO Good Grips Lemon Zester has a very good grip indeed. It has a fat handle that gives your hand good leverage when using the single tooth to get long fat strips of lemon zest. Flip the zester over and there is a narrow row of 5 or 6 small round holes that with some pressure create nice thin short strips of lemon zest. This tool would also work with unripe papaya to shave into pickled preserves or other papaya recipes. It's not the fastest zester but it's a lot simpler to clean after using compared to any larger screentype grater.
    Dull and disappointed I believe that this is a quality control issue since a lot of people have good reviews. The sample that I received is completely dull so dull that it is not possible to zest a lemon with the big groove it ends up just tearing the peel. The small zester holes part is also dull and I end up smashing the fruit to get decent zest.
    cuts an ugly lemon twist and is a rotton zester besides This must be the worst product I've ever purchased that sports the OXO label. And I've got a lot of the stuff and have been generally satisfied with it. I needed a channel knife wanted one where you could draw it sideways like a paring knife instead of pulling it longways towards youlook at other channel knives you'll know what I mean. This gadget cuts the raggediest leastattractive lemon twists ever and it's hard to pull through the rind as well. So I thought OK it's still a good zester. And..Noit'snot. Get a microplane or maybe a different zester but this one is a turd. Finally the handle is not comfortable it's too hard and too big for my fairly small but not outrageously so hand. The whole tool is poorly designed and clumsy.
    Peel like a pro! Ordered this tool to help me add citrus peels and zest to various cocktails and it has so far lived up to expectations. Seems well made and makes a nice deep cut when needed but possible to cut a little more shallow if need be. My only complaint is that I just wish companies would make things like this for left handed people. Oxo has a reputation for good quality and ergonomic tools but they still leave out a good portion of the population by not accomodating left handed people! They aren't alone of course but frustrating all the same.
    Zester! I like it! I've been using a lot of oriential receipes and this zester works so much better than what I'd been using in the past. Works well. Gets the job done and is comfortable to hold and use.
    Works Well for Cocktail Garnishes I bought this for making citrus peel cocktail garnishes. The cutting blade could be a little sharper and it looks clumsily formed. It works well though and I don't regret buying it. If you're looking for something to make citrus peel for baking or cooking I'd go with a microplane instead. The zester part of this makes long thing strips which would be more for garnishing food and the other part makes ~1/4 thick strips for garnishing drinks.
    Great zester! I love this zester! It is so easy to use and clean! It can even provide peels.
    Dull Channnel Knife I purchased the OXO lemon zester specifically for the purpose of making long lemon garnishes for martinis and other beverages. It worked tolerably well the very first time but after that the channel knife was too dull to work at all. Was very disappointed.
    Works with a little tweaking Like some others have noted my zester arrived rather dull but I was able to sharpen it up quickly with a metal file. I got this for the peeler or twist maker part more than the zester part and now that it's sharp it works ok for that. It does have a tendency to skip every now and then though I have been able to get out some decently long cocktail twists.
    Read more...



    Related Products
    • OXO Good Grips Fine Zester/Grater great grater got this before christmas and have used it extensively this season. it has a good grip area and easy to use and to clean up. ...Read the full

    • 11'' Bar Mixing Spoon, Stainless Steel w/ Removable Red Tip Great spoon but cheaper elsewhere Well it's a spoon. It's a piece of shaped metal and it definitely does the job. I'm a Barista and I picked up a few of these to help out here and there and they definitely have made my life easier. The red caps will crack and come ...Read the full

    • OXO SteeL Muddler Best muddler that's out there. By far. I looked around and tried a bunch of different muddlers. This is the best. Why?Why not to get a wood muddler Wood ones look nice and get the job done but there's two big draw backs. 1 The wood gets ...Read the full

    • OXO Good Grips Citrus Squeezer An excellent lime juicer but mediocre for lemons. I've used a large variety of tools over the years to juice citrus and I was excited when I learned of this tool. Not only is it by Oxo a leader in kitchen gadget innovations but Cooks Illustrated also rated it as ...Read the full

    • OXO SteeL Double Jigger Perfect double jigger The incremental markings on the inside make it easy to measure the right amount. The rubber around the middle makes it nonslip. You get a really good grip on it to prevent spills. The black/brushed stainless look matches ...Read the full

    ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

    แสดงความคิดเห็น