วันพฤหัสบดีที่ 5 เมษายน พ.ศ. 2555

MinoSharp Sharpening Guides 2 Piece Set Minosharp sharpening guide + Mino Tsuchida youtube tutorial = Global knife back in business

MinoSharp Sharpening Guides 2-Piece Set
MinoSharp Sharpening Guides 2-Piece Set Read more...

  • Help to maintain the correct angle for sharpening knives when sharpening with a whetstone
  • It is recommended that you pull a clean towel through the guide rail after rinsing
  • If you fail to remove all the residue from the guide rail, the residue may scratch the knife the next time the guide rail is used
  • The angle is between 10 and 15 degrees
  • The guide rails are sold as a set which includes a small and large guide

  • Does the job but leaves marks on knife The guides do what they are supposed to do for the most part. It makes it a lot easier to keep the angle. It doesn't work on the curved part of the blade because the angle changes but by the time you get to that part you should have a pretty good enough feel for it to not need the guide. The big down side to these guides is that if you are not careful they will make marks/scratches on your knife even with the plastic liner that they claim prevents scratches. The first time I slid this on from the tip of the knife as the instructions told me to do and it made very noticeable streaks on the side of my knife.
    Work like a charm for 2/3 of the knife These guide rails are great. Because I am just starting to sharpen my own knives it is very difficult to keep a proper angle. Rather than practicing on my good knives and destroying them I would rather learn using the help of the rails.The plastic lining keeps the knife held securely and does not scratch or damage the knife. The only problem I had with them is that the angle is only maintained when the rail is placed near the handle. The rail does not fit properly when one moves it away from the handle. This makes it difficult to sharpen the third of the knife closest the tip. I had to sharpen this portion without the guide and I don't think I did a very good job. At least 2/3 of the knife is sharpened.
    Knives and Whet Stones I agree these guides are great to help get an accurate angle on your blade. It doesn't matter as much what the angle is as that it is constant especially when changing grits on the stones. For Japanese knives like the Global knives the angle is a little more shallow at about 12 and these guides are made for that. This goes along with the thinner knife construction of Japanese knives. For European knives like the Wusthof or Henkel with their softer steel it needs to be more like 20 degrees for the final hone.When it comes to sharpening stones don't forget about Norton
    Minosharp sharpening guide + Mino Tsuchida youtube tutorial = Global knife back in business I've owned a Global chef's knife for almost 2 years. It continues to perform very well although it has lost its sharpness. Because of its impressive performance I've given away my other knives and use the Global almost exclusively.
    No longer will scratch your knife. These will no longer scratch your knife. There are now white plastic pieces sandwiched in each guide and these prevent the metal of the guide from touching and scratching your knife.
    Holds a perfect edge on a knife. I purchased this item with a $350.00+ knife. The guide rail leaves scuff marks on the top part of the knife but it creates a perfect edge that I would have had problems making. I use my knife 10 hours a day cause I am a sushi chef so it is important to me to keep my knife sharp. I don't know why people are giving this item a bad review. Personally I don't think they know how hard it is to sharpen a knife with a whet stone. Trying to keep one angle on a double edge knife is extremely hard and could also damage a knife if sharpened from multiple angles. Anyways who cares if your knives get scratches on it. It's ment to chop and slice.
    Today bought one and it scratched my knife Today I bought one with plastic insert and I can confirm it scratched my knife at the second and further insertion attempts. I could almost hear the sound .No matter how long I have washed it under running water.
    ruined my knives i bought this product after reading all the revews and since this has the plastic protection previously lacking i felt confident it wouldnt damage my expensive and cherished knives so i started it on my whustof knife and to my astonishment when i removed this knife guide from the knife it left a nasty scratch on my knife looks awfull needless to say i trew them away the dmt sharpening guide is way better and worry free i learned from my mistakehope this help others.
    WARNING THESE WILL SCRATCH YOUR KNIVES Despite claims that the plastic inserts prevent knife scratches the first and only time I used these guides they scratched my 8 Wustof chef's knife badly. Do not buy.
    Even new model with plastic liner scratches Brand new out of the box this thing put noticeable horizontal scratches on the blade of my Kershaw D.W.O. 3001 pocketknife. And yes I do have the new version with a plastic liner. I cannot speak to the trick of using a homemade paper liner as protection as I haven't dared use it again. A disappointment. Three stars because it is functional apart from the scratching problem. See my images.
    Read more...



    Related Products
    • Messermeister Angle Guide for Sharpening Stones ...Read the full

    • Woodstock SteeleX D1130 1000 Grit and 6000 Grit Japanese Waterstone Decent performance and reasonably priced I bought this stone for $30. It is more expensive compared to typical oil stones which only cost $310. However a waterstone grinds more uniform and the resulting edges are more polished. This ...Read the full

    • Steelex D1091 Sharpening Stone Holder Inexpensive and Functional The title summarizes my feeling. I bought this stone holder for a ridiculous low price of ~$15. It gets the job done.I used to simply put my sharpening stones on top a wet towel but after more than a few months I ...Read the full

    • Global MS5/O&M - Ceramic Whetstone, Medium Grit Does a Fine Job My only wish would be to have it be a little longer. The ceramic material is harder than traditional stones which gives it a different feel but is just as effective and won't warp the way whetstones do after multiple uses. Great tool for keeping ...Read the full

    • Global MS5/P&S - Ceramic Whetstone, Fine Grit Worth the price This is a large sized stone with a good non slip base. The honing surface is reasonably thick and very uniform. A minute of honing will turn a factory edge into a razor edge. No gimmicks no bull. You see the results of your ...Read the full

    ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

    แสดงความคิดเห็น