วันศุกร์ที่ 13 เมษายน พ.ศ. 2555

Swissmar Borner V 1001 V Slicer Mandoline Harder root vegetables? Forget it.

Swissmar Borner V-1001 V-Slicer Plus Mandoline  6 Piece Set
Swissmar Borner V-1001 V-Slicer Plus Mandoline 6 Piece Set Read more...

  • Made in Germany, surgical-grade stainless-steel blades are incredibly sharp and snap in and out of base with 1 easy movement
  • Protective storage caddy safely holds all components while not in use; easy to clean; rinse under running water after use
  • Includes 7mm blade, 3.5mm blade, and thick/thin reversible slicing blade; slice different thicknesses, julienne, or shred
  • Ambidextrous Food Safety holder provides complete protection; prongs hold food while guard protects hands
  • Set includes tough ABS plastic frame, food safety holder, 3 blade inserts, and storage caddy with locking clip

  • Harder root vegetables? Forget it. The slicer seems to be well made the blades are dangerously sharp however it failed to accomplish the task I purchased it forDicing rutabagas parsnips carrots.What is wrong1 these root vegetables are very hard. Even when using all my strength there is no way I can slide a rutabaga through the slicer unless I precut into very thin pieces. I might as well dice it by hand2 dicing requires you to first slice the vegetable by hand into strips the mandolin only provides slicing in the perpendicular direction. In other words worthless you are doing about 70% of the work by knife anyway the mandolin provides no real value.3 the plastic holder cannot accommodate larger pieces of vegetables you are forced to slice them to proper size for the mandolin. The tool is not helping it is in your way.4 the topmost layer of the vegetable usually gets stuck in the blades forcing you to undertake the risky procedure of prying a chunk of vegetable out of an array of razorsharp knives5 the anticut gloves that should help with this are yet another thing in your way you do not have to deal with if you simply use a knife6 the Vshaped inserts in the top of the tool tend to come out if you are trying to yank a stuck piece of veggieVerdict the tool might work great for very soft veggies or if you are not trying to dice things. Otherwise its use is such an ordeal that it wastes your time and energy instead of saving it.After a particularly involved fight with a stuck piece of rutabaga I was left with a hurting shoulder. I nearly avoided slicing my fingers. Nevermore.
    awesome product This product saves time getting dinner on the table and money not buying packaged foods. The three blades that come with it gives you lots of slicing options and the holder prevents cuts and nicks to your hands.I had one previously and used for over 15 years before I lost the blades in a move. Well worth the money. Dont buy the cheap ones this one will last for years.
    Taking Slicing and Dicing To Another Level!! I really love this slicer!! It's easy to use and has a safety feature that protects your fingers and hand. I like that it is compact and everything fits together in one stand up unit for storage. You also get really nice slicing creations at your finger tips from very thin to thick etc.
    Creates the perfect slice I've tried this product on the following produce so far with the blades listed in parentheses tomatoes sliced potatoes thick and think julienne onions julienne blade with a few manual cuts to dice them cucumbers sliced and carrots sliced. I was really happy with the quality of the slice and it didn't destroy the produce I was working with. The end result looked very professional. I'm glad that I'm not crying anymore when I dice my onions so that was a huge plus. I shared some photos with friends and family of my work and they were impressed by the result.I tried to julienne carrots but it's faster to do those by hand. I was hoping that the thin julienne blade would produce a shredded potato but the potatoes were still a little thicker than I expected since I had read reviews about the product being able to shred.The product is easy to clean and comes with a dock for the blades and the unit. After a gentle hand wash you can let it drip dry because the dock has holes on the bottom for that purpose. Overall I'm satisfied with the product.
    Great can't believe I didn't have this earlier Used it few times and I am impressed. This thing will make you eat more veggies / salads. Tried zucchini tomatoes cucumbers eggplant all were easily cut. Tedious cutting jobs are gone as this Mandoline will make perfect cuts 5 times faster than traditional methods. I never used other Mandolines before so I can't compare but Borner might be worth some extra money according to Amazon reviews. Don't hesitate to buy if you are thinking if you need it or not you need it and will not regret it.
    Good This thing has a lot of german words on it. It's german engineering too much and complicated. At the end of the day it works fine. I wonder if it has any competitors. The blades are super strong! Stay away from them when washing. I had to have my boyfriend show me how it works because it was complicated to me initially. I use it. It works. I would look for something better though.
    Fantastic I hesitated to buy it it was $40 I didn't really need to spend but I just put down two large bell peppers and one large onion in under a minute using the guard no less. Very smooth operation works fantastically very sharp. I'm glad I decided to buy something for myself.
    held off on a mandoline but happy I've been halfway afraid to purchase a mandoline but I'm glad I did and this seems to be a nice quality for not a huge price. I expect to use it a lot very easy and nice storage piece included which I have hanging in the pantry.
    Great Product For the price this is a great product. Easy to use easy to clean easy to store. It has the same construction quality as some of the higher end models. I would recommend this product.
    Exactly what I was looking for I just received this today and I love it. It does exactly what I need it to do. The blades are extremely sharp and the thin slicing setting is wafer thin. I bought this to make homemade potato chips and it gives the perfect cut for a potato chip. As time goes on I will be sure to edit this review if I have any issues.
    Read more...



    Related Products

    ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

    แสดงความคิดเห็น