วันพฤหัสบดีที่ 1 มีนาคม พ.ศ. 2555

Norpro 370 Bread Slicerand Catcher Don't know what the complaints are all about!


Don't know what the complaints are all about!, If you need a breadboard with a crumb tray and don't want to spend $30+ to get one, this little gem is excellent. Fits a full loaf of homemade bread and does exactly what's designed to - channel the crumbs into the box instead of the countertop. The cutting guide is optional; I use 'em to get very thin, even slices.
Cheap crap, The cheap plastic slots aren't strong enough. The knife used to cut the bread bound while cutting a slice of bread and snapped the plastic slot off, rendering the device useless. I had only used it for 2 days.
Don't waste your $.
Great fpr cutting bread machine bread, This works great to make perfect slices of homemade bread. 8 inch knives are too short so you need to order a 10 inch knife and the cheapest I have found one is on amazon for about $15.
Does It's Intended Function, Does It's Intended Function. No bells or whistles. Use a LONG bread knife. As the base is wood, I usually cut down almost to the bottom so I don't cut the wood. It works fine.
Should've listened., After reading the reviews I decided to proceed with caution given the price.
Glad I didn't lose much.
This item is pretty useless.
The acrylic tines are too weak to allow a knife to be drawn through and even if you manage it the slices still are not even.
Wouldn't recommend to anyone.
Is an inexpensive knife guide... there ya go., I got this for the same reason most here got it - To put an uncut loaf of bread onto it (be it homemade, or store bought) and cut it into evenly spaced slices.
It's no-frills, nothing fancy. In fact, for anything longer than a 1.5 lb homemade loaf, you'd need to take the cut slices out of the way to finish the rest of the loaf... on my 1.5 lb homemade loaf I was able to cut the entire loaf without moving any of them.
I read a few people.. well, more than a few, stating that the guides are too far away for the knife to go between each side. I bought a 10 inch bread knife from Amazon at the same time as buying this, and it worked without a problem at all. The only thing I did notice was I had to angle the blade to start the cut, then as the cut started I'd drop the blade down to reach the guide on the opposite side to make sure the alignment was fine. Took me all of 1-2 seconds per slice to do that.

Is it good quality? Not really, the plastic sides are flimsy since it's plastic.
Perfect, This is a great way to slice bread! It holds the loaf and measures the slice at the same time. The crumb catcher is wooden and is nice looking and works well.
Good guide for the money, I use the Sunbeam breadmaker that makes a loaf about 1/8th inch wider than the guides, but since they're plastic they flex and I'm able to wedge it in.
The only real issue I have with this model is that the plastic back slides out when I'm emptying the crumbs. It's no big deal because it slides right back in.
Crumb catcher is great, sides are flimsy. Overall, a semi- fail., The base works fine as a nice cutting board that catches the crumbs. I had my husband take the sides off - it was really flimsy and difficult to hold the bread in place while slicing, thus missing the point of having slicing guides for uniform slices. The little plastic end plate kept falling out as well. My first instinct was to throw the whole thing in the trash, but then I realized I like the board, just not the slicing guides. SO I got a crumb catching cutting board out of it and more plastic in the landfill, lol.
Broke after 3rd use, The 2 times I used it I thought "Wow!" loved that I could slice even slabs of bread. Then on the 3rd time, one of the acrylic prongs broke. Now, no more even bread. Not worth the money I paid. Should have purchased the wood slicer. Should return, but it's not worth it.

  • Easy cleanup, simply dump the crumbs the from crumb catcher and wipe down the crumb catcher and slicing guide
  • Crumbs fall neatly into a removable catcher
  • Generous slicing surface accommodates any size loaf
  • Acrylic slicing guides ensure uniform slices
  • Handsome hardwood crumb catcher steadies the unit and protects counters and tabletops

  • Easy cleanup, simply dump the crumbs the from crumb catcher and wipe down the crumb catcher and slicing guide.Crumbs fall neatly into a removable catcher.Generous slicing surface accommodates any size loaf.Acrylic slicing guides ensure uniform slices.Handsome hardwood crumb catcher steadies the unit and protects counters and tabletops. This is an adequate no-frills manual bread slicer, and adequate is the operative word. The crumb catcher eliminates messes, making this slicer a much cleaner option than slicing bread on a cutting board. Also, you can achieve uniform 1/2-inch slices; the only caveat is that you can't adjust the slicer to cut any thicker or thinner. Use your longest serrated knife when cutting, because a knife that just barely spans the width of the slicing tray will keep slipping out of the acrylic slicing guides. The guides have no top support and tend to wobble a bit as you slice. They also have inexplicably high sides; you'd have to use triple the leavening to make bread that reaches the top of them. Despite its design limitations, the Norpro deluxe bread slicer is easy to assemble and maintain and has an attractive overall look.


    Related Products

    ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

    แสดงความคิดเห็น