วันพุธที่ 29 กุมภาพันธ์ พ.ศ. 2555

Henckels 7 Slot Knife Storage Roll Perfect for Transporting Knives


decent quality, good for price, The quality is good for what it is. The material is vinyl and stitched well. I needed the longest roll I could find because I have one very large chef's knife. This one fit it just barely. Other options would have not (in this price range).

What I don't like about it is that vinyl could have been more flexible, so that you could actually ROLL it. As it is, you can only fold it over twice to close it. It isn't bad, but rolling would make it tighter to hold the knives. That is what is it is supposed to be. You are supposed to roll it and tie it tight so the knives and held together tight and so they aren't loose to bounce around and are protected from damage against hitting something else or being dropped.

Also, because the velcro is really short, if you try to roll it tight, the velcro overshoots its target and you can't close it off. They should have either extended the velcro fuzzy side or used some other strap securing mechanism. This would have added a nickel to the cost I think.

Overall, if you need something to contain your knives and don't want to spend much for a really good one, this will do the job. But it isn't anything special. It does look clean and neat though.
Perfect size!, My husband's a chef and takes his knives home every day. This is the perfect size and it even accommodates his knives with the blade guards. Plus, it's made well. Definitely, a quality product.
J.A. Henckels 7-Slot Knife Storage Roll, I purchased this item a year now. This pretty leather knife roll bag with bellcro strap works good, and all my knives are safe and secure, but you have to put your knife with edge guard, so it wont damage or cut your roll bag.
professional knife roll, I bought this knife roll for my boyfriend as a Christmas gift. He loves it! He is able to carry his knives to and from work now safely. He also forgets them less now too.
A product that does not work for my purposes., I ordered this item in hopes of giving it to my daughter for Christmas, however the size of the item and the stiffness of the fabric prevented it being useable for the intended application.
Good starter roll., If you are just starting out in the food industry or have a limited budget this is a good way to tote around your knives. For the german battle-axes (what i like to call my henckles pro-s set) it's just fine, however i don't feel this case provides adequate protetion for higher-end knives, and when I upgraded, I also upgraded my knife roll. I would recommend blade guards with any case, also. my battle axes got a little scratched up from not realizing that. I gave this to somebody at work after i had used it about a year and a half, and they are still using it, and it seems to still be in pretty good shape, especially for the price. it was a good starter but I do prefer my messermeister case. Messermeister 8-Pocket Knife Roll, Black.
Perfect for Transporting Knives, I bought this Knife Storage Roll for my husband for Christmas. He was thrilled and surprised that I found this item.
We competition BBQ and we have been wrapping our good knives in a dish towel to transport from home to the Contest sight and this has not been the safest way to do so. I went to the Amazon sight and typed in Knife Carrier and a selection of storage rolls were displayed. I choose this one for it's size and strength.
The product is well made and just the right size for our use.
I read several reviews before I made my purchase and for those "Professionals" that did not give it a glowing review, perhaps you should give it to a buddy of yours that BBQ's and get yourself a more expensive one...
Excellent for the price, I purchased this item to take my knives to cook at another home for the holidays. I was able to take 4 knives and a sharpening steel with room for maybe 2 more knives. The pouch is very high quality for the price. The knives are safely and securely stored for traveling. When I first opened the package and looked at the pouch, I was surprised that the price was not higher. I highly recommend this item.
Not the fanciest storage roll, but great for what it is, My wife has been using this knife storage roll for over 2 years now, both personally and professionally, and it has seen quite a bit of use. However, it still looks and feels as sturdy as it was when it first arrived! The materials are thick and of good quality, and the craftsmanship has held up wonderfully for years now.

It may not be the biggest, or have all the features of some of the newer (and more expensive) knife storage solutions, but for the cost the J.A. Henckels 7-Slot knife storage roll is great.
Okay but small, If you only need to carry a couple knives and not much more this bag would be fine. As a culinary student I found myself needing to carry more small items like measuring spoons, pens and sharpies, thermometers, note pads, a bench scraper... and this really wasn't able to do the job. I ended up going with a metal toolbox, but I will keep this around for the times when I only want to take three or four knives and a steel to work.

  • Made in Germany
  • Ideal for transporting and storing knives
  • Heavy nylon construction
  • Folds to 20 by 5-1/2 inches
  • Seven-knife capacity

  • Made in Germany.Ideal for transporting and storing knives.Heavy nylon construction.Folds to 20 by 5-1/2 inches.Seven-knife capacity. The Henckels seven-slot knife roll is excellent for transporting a set of knives to work, school, or on vacation. With seven 20-inch-long and at least 2-inch-wide slots, there's plenty of room to store an assortment of kitchen knives. Made with heavy nylon and two velcro fasteners, the knife roll will tightly secure your knives in place--protecting them from damage. It folds to 20 by 5-1/2 inches, making it the perfect size to store in a drawer or kitchen cupboard.


    Related Products