วันพุธที่ 7 มีนาคม พ.ศ. 2555

Wilton 415 815 Cake Leveler Fantastic!


Wilton Cake Leveler
  • Make your cake top perfectly level for precise decorating- just place adjustable wire in notches to
  • The only Wilton product that has disappointed me thus far I purchased this item hoping that it would make leveling and torting round cakes easier. The "blade" a simple wire does nothing to work through a sturdier or crusty cake and in the process of trying to get it to do so the cake gets damaged. I had nothing but problems with this item and had to use my trusty bread knife to repair the damage from the leveler! I am back to using my knife to level and torte my cakes and feel stupid for wasting the money on this item. My recommendation stick with the tried and true method. It works perfectly every time.
    Works beautifully for standard sized cakes I don't understand why all the reviews aren't 4 or 5 stars. I am an avid baker and go above and beyond what most home cooks do. That said I really love this little tool and haven't had any problems with it at all. As long as you are trimming the top off 8 or 9 inch cakes this works great. I remember being frustrated that I couldn't use it on a sheet cake! I rely on this leveler for making all my cakes turn out evenly layered. My 14 yr old daughter just made me a birthday cake and it came out perfect even though the cakes themselves were very uneven this tool evens them up. I will post pics to show the results.
    Some learning curve required. It is like a metal clothes' hanger with a steel wire shaped like a bow. My wife and I used this and were just half successful in cutting our cake. We have to be very careful as the crusty outside part of the cake crumbles. I tried slowly I tried to swing it to and fro like a saw still came up with a less than perfect cake.Both arms have notches probably an eight of an inch apart to adjust for the desired height. Even so you can use this only on moderate height cakes not much room for taller cakes. It is not a blade it is just a piece of steel wire not much different from what you see on a guitar string.A bread knife will do better if only you can do it with a guide to make sure the top is completely parallel to the base.
    Pretty Good My wife and I like the cake leveler. It works great on things that we do. It works especially good on my wife's coconut cake with many small layers.As others have stated it is for soft sided cakes only. For a crusty sided cake you will need to use a serrated knife to make your line around the cake so the cutter can get past the crust.Probably if they replaced the plain thin wire with a serrated type wire like the wire saws for small tree limbs it would do the whole thing soft and crusty.Overall we really do like our cake cutter.
    Works great! I think this is a great even cake leveler. I think it works better than slightly more expensive ones. Good for the home baker who doesn't want to spend on a professional leveler.
    Fantastic! It's a bit crazy how cheap this thing is considering how important it is! I couldn't live without it when making a cake. It cuts your cake layers perfectly even quickly and easily. Such a simple product that is so essential. If you haven't bought anything besides your Wilton Student kit I recommend this as the first thing on your list.For those having trouble with the cake getting damaged it's not the leveler it's just how you're using it.
    great for leveling soft sided cakes This leveler worked great but only on cakes that have soft not crusty sides. Since the cutting "blade" is only a wire cutting through anything too hard or crumbly is difficult. It would be nicer if instead of a wire it had a serrated blade. But if you do have a crusty cake you can simply wrap the cake in plastic wrap and let it sit a day. This will soften the sides so that this leveler will still work. Also keep in mind this leveler is only 10 inches wide and 2 inches high so you may get into trouble with larger cakes. It works great for torting a cake and getting those really thin layers.
    Cake Cutter This is only good for very small & very moist Cakes.It's ok if you just can't level a Cake with a knife.
    great but not so great


    Make your cake top perfectly level for precise decorating- just place adjustable wire in notches to. Ever wondered why your cakes never quite look like those in fancy bakeries? One secret is this cake leveler. During baking, cake layers tend to "crown," or rise up in the middle, and when frosted, they tend to look like a dome. The wires on this leveler can be adjusted in 1/4-inch increments to slice through the thinnest layer of cake, leaving each layer of your cake perfectly even. No more "filling in" the edges with frosting to make double-decker cakes appear level. Especially grand effects can be achieved with multilayer tortes--with square edges and seamless stacking, folks will think you shelled out the big bucks for such a fancy dessert.


    Related Products
    • Wilton Trim-N-Turn Ultra Rotating Cake Stand Simple to use I have only used this product a handful of times but it does make icing a cake much much easier. The cake turner can also be locked into a stable position and used as a cake stand. My husband really hates the green color but I ...Read the full

    • Wilton Cake and Cookie Lifter Exactly as presentedlift away This is a large sturdy stainless steel cake lifter that you will be able to use on any standard round square or bundt cake. I like this design better than the ones with a handle as this one will provide better ...Read the full

    • Wilton 13 Inch Angled Spatula With Black Handle Great spread. Great construction. My wife is taking a Wilton class in cake decoration in one of the major craft stores. I am helping her and at the same time are enjoying our sweet and greasy bonding. I am serious if you want to cut down on cakes and pastries just ...Read the full

    • Wilton 10-Inch Cake Circle, 12-Pack What is there to say? These are insanely handy. I only wish they sold them in packs of more than 8. I bake a lot for fun and wind up giving away a lot of cakes. With these I no longer have to worry about keeping track of plates or trays. Plus they're very handy for ...Read the full

    • Wilton Small Bake Even Cake Strips Even cakes and brownies every time I was skeptical when I saw these in the Baker's Catalogue but was looking for someway to have brownies and cakes cook evenly without the dried out hard edges. These are like magic! Cakes layers are evenly proportioned no raised ...Read the full

    ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

    แสดงความคิดเห็น