วันอาทิตย์ที่ 19 กุมภาพันธ์ พ.ศ. 2555

Shaker 12W56 Cherry Bread Slicer Perfect Efficient and Simple


Like it, Does what it says on the tin. The comments that others have made about the narrowness of the groove are true, though -- some knives will hang up or catch a bit. I don't consider that a very big deal, though. I like it, and it's Made-in-USA, which certainly attracts attention these days -- one wonders if that's even legal any more ..
Thumbs up!, I love this bread slicer. I like that I can slice my bread as thick-or-thin as I'd like. The only thing wrong with it is it slides around on the counter while slicing bread. I attached a piece of non-skid rub mat on the bottom.
Perfect solution., I wanted something small and simple to slice my home made bread. This little board is perfect. The only thing I would change is this.
I intend to add some little suction cups to the bottom to keep it from sliding on the counter when I'm cutting.
Nice bread slicer, This does an adequate job. I would like it more if there was a line drawn on the base to help you line up the bread to ensure you cut the slices evenly. I fixed that with the help of an indelible marker and a ruler. The end pieces are of course weak and you have to be careful not to pick the slicer up by them. All in all, this has proved itself useful, and much better than trying to slice bread without a guide. I would recommend it with these reservations.
Well, It broke within 4 days, One side broke the 2nd day, the other 2 days later, even with us being as gentle as possible.
wooden bread board/slicer, Soon after purchasing this, both ends, where the knife goes through the bread, broke loose. Manufacturer did not screw the ends in as they did in the middle. We purchased some glue, and are hoping they will hold -- a little early to tell, but was disappointed in the breaking of the two small ends.
Perfect Efficient and Simple, This is just what I wanted. I just purchased a Zojirushi bread machine and I am not really good at cutting straight slices. This does it for me. The knife does slice into the wooden base but that problem is easily solved by placing a flexible cutting mat under the bread. The knife is guided by the slit and by holding the bread firmly, I get a perfect slice. I like the fact that, because it is so basic, I can vary the width of the slice. It stores easliy too. By standing it on the edge it fits neatly in a corner.
cherry bread slicer, The 1st time I used it on the very 1st slice of bread, it broke. The knife I used was a standard size serrated bread knife but it must have been a fraction too wide as the end of the board simply fell over on the 1st slice. I glued and tack nailed it back with a slightly wider distance and it now works well. The construction is just too delicate for intended use.
beautiful but broken, This slicer is beautiful out of the box, but the wooden tabs which hold the slicer in place are small and flimsy. It broke the first time I used it. Also, the slots which hold the knife in place are quite thin so the knife rubs against the sides.
good for the money, Reading all the previous reviews about the ends breaking off, I had my husband glue the boards before screwing them together. Worked great and would highly recommend it. Bought the 10" Chicago Cultry knife for it but it doesn't fit width wise through the slicer. Good product for the money.

  • Made in USA.
  • Hand-rubbed food-safe mineral oil finish.
  • Bread Slicer is made in clear Pennsylvania cherry.
  • Slicer measures 9" wide x 6" deep x 6 1/8" high.

  • Made in USA..Hand-rubbed food-safe mineral oil finish..Bread Slicer is made in clear Pennsylvania cherry..Slicer measures 9" wide x 6" deep x 6 1/8" high.. Our bread slicer has two slots cut down the back to assure uniform slices for both right- and left-handed cooks. We make the bread slicer in clear Pennsylvania cherry. Hand-rubbed food-safe mineral oil finish. Slicer measures 9" wide x 6" deep x 6 1/8" high. Knife not included. Minor assembly required. Made in USA.

    ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

    แสดงความคิดเห็น