วันอังคารที่ 21 กุมภาพันธ์ พ.ศ. 2555

OXO Good Grips Dough Blender Can''t go wrong with this one!


Comfortable to use, but not functional, Nice handle design, but that's about as much as I can say for this pastry knife. The wire blades are too flexible, so they tend to bend around butter/shortening instead of cutting it. If you want something that works, buy a pastry knife with blades that are cut from a solid piece of metal, instead of individual wires.
Dough Blender,
Don't bother buying it!, this dough blender is pretty useless. the wires are not reinforced which makes cutting cold butter into the flour almost impossible and very time-consuming. you're better off just using two knives or your fingers than this dough blender, that's for sure.
Flimsy, I bake but not so much that I put a hand blender through any serious paces. This worked well enough and it was easy to grip BUT it is flimsy. Even with the limited use I made of it (once a month) the plastic holding the wires BROKE. There is no way to fix the cheap plastic and it is useless.

Really, it was not a good value for the sturdiness required for an occasional baker of biscuits as myself.
Wires Spread, I have had this blender for a while. It is okay on smaller jobs such as streusel but I recently made a double pie crust recipe and instead of cutting the butter the wires spread and let the butter pass through almost whole. It was a mess. By the time I was done by arms were sore, the blender was misshapen and there were still huge chunks of butter in the dough. I would suggest getting one that has sides to it so the wires don't have as much room to spread.
Its ok, could be better. . ., For the price, its a decent value.
Sturdy enough for light-medium bakers.
If you bake alot, dont get a wire version.
The butter does get clogged in the wire and
you have to keep clearing it til the dough
gets a little worked.
Can''t go wrong with this one!, Excellent product! I use this several times a week when making biscuits. Great for any pastry dough that needs butter/lard/shortening mixed with flour. Very easy to clean and the handle makes it easy to grab and use.
Falls apart too easily, It works like its suppose to for a while, be the "tongs" are too fragile and bendable. I make a lot of pies during the holiday season, and one tong broke off and another couple were bent beyond repair. Do yourself a favor and purchase a more substantial piece of equipment. I was very displeased at this product.
Cracked plastic, I liked the product because the handle was more comfortable to hold than my previous one. Cold butter was hard to cut with this, and the last time I used it, one of the end tines was bending way out. After closer inspection, I saw that the plastic around the tine had just cracked apart. Some duct tape might do the trick, but no, I'm now searching for a better pastry blender.
Best pastry blender on the market, I have used one of these for 15 years. The grip is far more comfortable than the ones with metal handles, and the rounded wires do not cut or bother your fingers when you wipe off the excess shortening or butter (like others with flat metal cutting edges do). It works better than others I've had, it's easier to wash (because of the rounded wires) and it appears to be indestructible. When my daughter went off to college, she asked me to send her one so she could make pies and crumbles. I gave her mine, thinking it would be easy to replace it. I couldn't find it in any local stores (and many inferior versions were actually more expensive), so I ordered it here.

  • Perfect for blending dough
  • Broad, soft handle absorbs pressure
  • Safe to use in dishwasher
  • Sturdy stainless-steel wires
  • Great for making crumb toppings

  • Perfect for blending dough.Broad, soft handle absorbs pressure.Safe to use in dishwasher.Sturdy stainless-steel wires.Great for making crumb toppings. Trying to blend butter or margarine with dry ingredients is no easy task. Although it can be accomplished with the crossing of swords (in this case, butter knives), your arms and hands certainly bear the brunt. Enter the dough blender by Oxo. The sturdy stainless-steel wires do the work of 12 butter knives and hold up swimmingly under pressure. The wide, nonslip handle will absorb the stress the work puts on your hands, making this tool as comfortable to use as it is easy. It's also great for making crumb topping for coffeecakes, cobblers, and fruit crisps. And, like all Good Grips gadgets, it's dishwasher-safe.

    ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

    แสดงความคิดเห็น