วันพฤหัสบดีที่ 16 กุมภาพันธ์ พ.ศ. 2555

Weston 701401W Cabbage Shredder Cabbage Shredder - not happy


Cabbage Shredder - not happy, We are not satisfied with this product. When shredding cabbage, the sliding box (carriage) gets stuck and it requires alot of force to actually shred the cabbage. As well, the blades ride up and jam on the sliding carraige causing the wood to shred. Upon first use we had chards of wood in our food.
Excellent, We have been looking for a decent, old fashioned cabbage shredder. We were so happy to find this product. It works great and is so easy to use. I also like the ease in cleaning it. I highly recommend the Weston Cabbage Shredder.
not exactly, While the item will work, I suggest spending the extra money and getting a higher quality unit, an electric knife does a better job than this item.

As others have said, the cutter you receive isn't the same as described. Knives are poor quality, the wood is thin, the 2 make for a hard to use tool.
Poor blade design, Weston Cabbage Shredder
I used this slaw/ kraut cutter once. The blades are so thin that they flexed when cutting quartered red cabbage. The top blade displaced so much that it took a chunk out of the sliding box.I had to recut most of the cabbage by hand. The basic design is sound, but the blades are just too flimsy to handle cabbage. I will go back to cutting cabbage with my food processor, which slices it thinly and consistantly, even though it is slower and puts a lot of wear and tear on the machine.
Terrible and useless product, I purchased the Weston shredder to replace and old and worn out one I had once purchased at a garage sale. This fall I was excited about having a new shredder that would help me in slicing 120 lbs of cabbage. What a great disappointment! The unit is poorly constructed with thin dull blades all unevenly spaced. The lowest one produces slices nearly 1/4 inch thick! And there is no way to adjust them. Shredding late hard cabbage heads is impossible with this shredder, the blades are just not sharp and strong enough. I bought it because it was the least expensive one available but it looked good and I thought "how can you screw up a simple contraption like this?". Obviously the people who make this thing never tested it and do not know anything about shredding cabbage. I regret not having spent a few bucks more and purchased a European made model.
Time Saver!, This shredder is easy to use, reasonably safe, and does a great job shredding! You will need a very long pan to make using Ideal, as the shredder is quite large. Using the shredder cut my time in half,compared to using a knife. Very please with this product.
Weston Shredder Review, I purchased this shredder to make kraut. I found that the shredder is not only of poor quality but useless. I took the unit apart to see if I could improve the performance. What I found was the following: The blades were not only dull but were warped to the point they would not shred the cabbage as it passed over them. The blades were mounted on small blocks of wood that were to say the least poorly made. The screws holding the blades in the unit were in most cases stripped out. I found upon disassembly of the unit one of the frame screws had been twisted off. As an earlier poster pointed out the shredder is shown with a laminate base and the unit I received is made of wood.

I purchased my shredder earlier this spring with out trying it out. I am stuck with the unit. I am going to invest the time into making it work, hopefully! If I am not able to make it work I shall purchase a different shredder.

I will be the first to say that I was a fool. My opinion of this shredder is: IT IS JUNK! buy one that is recommended by users that already own them. Try it as soon as you receive it to see if you like it. If not send it back.
krautshredder, I am very satisfied with the product. It came quickly, was packaged well and was in good condition. I am very satisfied.
shredder, Used this for shredding cabbage. Product is very sharp. Made short work of shredding all my cabbage for sauerkraut. Very well made.
Very poor quality, Out of the box it looked ok, the box slid freely so I washed it and put it away until needed.

Apparently you are never supposed to get this thing wet because a simple wash rinse was enough to warp it so the box no longer slid freely. Fast forward to a couple of hours later, had to re-assemble and glue the box as it was put together so poorly. Lots of work with a dremel tool to enlarge the groves on the cutter and reduce the tails on the box so it would actually slide. Ready to cut...

However the blades have quite a bit of flex, probably becuse they are secured to the box with some type of foam rubber, and they are just thin. Difficult to cut with, uneven cabbage results and a product that required work to make it work. Avoid.

  • Limited one-year manufaturer's warranty
  • Shreds cabbage or leafy vegetables into approximately 1mm strips
  • Sturdy hard wood frame
  • Disassembles for easy clean-up
  • 3 super sharp, stainless steel iron blades for shredding

  • Limited one-year manufaturer's warranty.Shreds cabbage or leafy vegetables into approximately 1mm strips.Sturdy hard wood frame.Disassembles for easy clean-up.3 super sharp, stainless steel iron blades for shredding. The fast and efficient way to make homemade coleslaw! Great for shredding cabbage or vegetables to make homemade coleslaw or sauerkraut. Simply place the cabbage in the wooden frame and slide it up and down while applying pressure to the cabbage.

    ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

    แสดงความคิดเห็น