วันอังคารที่ 7 กุมภาพันธ์ พ.ศ. 2555

Kyocera Double Edged Mandolin Slicer Great thing, but...


Kyocera Double Edge Mandolin slicer - mandolin works great, this is a good kitchen tool. slices cukes, onions, mushrooms very thinly. i am happy with the product.
my only complaint would be that i can't side tomotoes unless they are unripe. they turn to mush. i would still buy this product again tho.
Best. Slicer. Ever., It slices just about any fruit or vegetable with exceptional ease. It will also slice your fingertips with ease if you're not careful with it. The ceramic blade is insanely sharp - the reason it works so well - and holds its edge for a very long time. The only downside is the handle. Holding it with the handle while slicing doesn't work very well for me. The best technique I've found is to place the slicer flat on a cutting board with the handle hanging off the edge, holding the handle with one hand and running whatever I'm cutting over the blade (WITH the holder once your fingers start getting close) with the other.

An excellent kitchen utensil, but one that requires some extra respect and caution during use. It seems to be a bit more durable than the adjustable version, and I like being able to slice with a "back-and-forth" motion - it makes quick work of whatever I'm preparing.

One thing that's not often noted is that food sliced with a ceramic blade doesn't seem to oxidize (react with air) as quickly as food sliced with a metal knife. It's very noticeable with things like apples. Very strange, but in a good way.
Great thing, but..., This is a very good slicer, I enjoyed it full year, but some plastic "teeth" broke down (twice) and got into the food when I sliced the fresh carrot. I think I'll get back to metal slicers.
This is one sharp tool!!!, This is the best tool for slicing potatoes very thin for potato chips. The double edged blade makes it twice as fast! Must be careful, because it will slice a fingernail or a finger very easily! USE THE GUARD and don't worry about the small slivers at the end. The mandolin is very easy to clean, but again must be careful not to cut yourself. I've had one for years, and the blade is just as sharp now as it was when I first bought it. I bought a new one to give as a gift.
terrific mandoline, I bought this specifically to make microwave potato chips and I have nothing bad to say about it. The slices are thin (see through) and perfect using no effort whatsoever. I didn't realise how scary sharp a ceramic blade could be! This item is perfect if all you really want to be able to do is make paper thin slices. There is nothing to adjust, it's compact,and easy to clean and store. I highly recommend saving the bubble package for storage as a previous reviewer suggested. Yesterday I even made beautiful cabbage shreds for coleslaw using it, just cut your cabbage into reasonable size sections.
Nice for the Price, I bought this as a Christmas present and it seems to get the job done. Wouldn't be a wonderful purchase if you had to slice a lot.
works perfectly, This product is excellent, it's super sharp and works fast. The slices are indeed paper thin. I'd like another one for thicker slices, but if you need paper thin slices, this does the job for you. People say you don't need that plastic hand guard, but I disagree. When you get down to the bottom of the veg you are slicing, it saves your fingers.
Still usable after 10 years, Finally getting around to replacing this (with another Kyocera slicer) after 10 years of use - not because it's broken, but just because the blade has gotten a little dull and chipped (though it still does a decent job).

I mainly use it for slicing carrots, radishes, other veggies into salads. When the slices are so thin, it really makes the salad different and better in my opinion.

I never used the hand guard, it was just too awkward; instead I've just tried to be ultra-careful when using the slicer and so far I've never sliced myself (knock on wood!).

  • Manufactured in Japan
  • Razor sharp single blade produces consistent, paper thin slices
  • Double-edged straight slicer cuts in half the time
  • Safe to use in dishwasher
  • Lightweight and easy to use; rust-proof

  • Manufactured in Japan.Razor sharp single blade produces consistent, paper thin slices.Double-edged straight slicer cuts in half the time.Safe to use in dishwasher.Lightweight and easy to use; rust-proof. Kyocera's double-edged ceramic slicer. Cuts in half the time. Razor sharp single blade produces consistent, paper thin slices ( 1.5mm) . Great for everything from cutting vegetables for a stir-fry or potato ships to slicing apples. Double edges give smooth even slices.

    ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

    แสดงความคิดเห็น